National Geographic Webinars
We invite you to join us in professional development conversations with English Language Teaching specialists, speakers from the TED stage, National Geographic Explorers, and others in the English Language Teaching field.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is an interactive presentation delivered over the internet. Our webinars are free, one-hour, virtual presentations developed around an important professional development topic for English Language teachers.
- You will be able to actively participate in the webinar through interactive features such as polling, chats, and surveys with the speaker and teachers around the globe.
- We organize 1-4 webinars per month from September through May for teachers of English.
- The platform we use is called Adobe Connect. You can join a webinar through a computer with Adobe Flash Player or on a mobile device through the Adobe Connect App.
What will I receive after a webinar?
After attending a webinar, participants will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- The recording of the webinar
- The slides from the presentation
If you cannot join us for the live webinar, you can watch the recording and download the slides through the webinar website. Certificates will only be given for attending a live webinar.
How do I register for a webinar?
- Navigate to the NGL ELT Webinar page: ngl.cengage.com/webinars
- Navigate to the webinar you would like to register for. The webinars are categorized as either Teaching Adults/Academic, Teens or Young Learners.
- Click on the webinar time you are registering for
- Complete the registration form
- You will receive an email confirming your registration for the webinar, along with the option to add the webinar information to your email calendar
How do I join a webinar?
- Register for the webinar through the NGL ELT Webinar page: ngl.cengage.com/webinars
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration which includes the URL to enter the webinar room
- At the time of the event, open the room URL in your preferred browser and enter the webinar room
The webinar URL will be sent to your email address when you register for the webinar and as a reminder a day before the event. Please check your junk mail to make sure the email did not go there. If you cannot find your webinar link, please email us at email@example.com